typical conversation i've had this month:
- so i'm thinking of going to paraguay
- oh i've been there, i was in asuncion for almost 3 weeks
- 3 weeks, wow, you must of liked it
- er, yeah
- so what can you do there?
- er, well there's this hostel
- and this table
- and, uh, that's pretty much what i saw.
- it was fun
- so i'm thinking of skipping paraguay
truth is, i did manage to leave the hostel a handful of times. i went to the market
, a football match
and a concert
. i saw a storm from the top of a bar
and took a bus to a big lake
. i also went on this boat ride along the river. well, i was in a bigger boat than this guy, but it was the same river. the golden hue was all in my head - which you could say, along with the title, is an analogy for my time asuncion - but i think it looks better this way.
here's the cold reality of the original